Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Easy Bake

As a child I always wanted an easy bake oven (I'm guessing most little girls did).  I now know (or at least think I know) why mom and dad never got us girls one. 

Easy Bake = Big Mess and Time Sucker

Last year for Madison's birthday, my mom (aka Grandma), got one for Shea after I mentioned she would like it.  She loves it.  Charlotte loves it.  Me, not so much..... 
Don't get me wrong, I love watching the girls have fun.  They happily gather the 50 accessories and thoroughly discuss the pros and cons of each mix/frosting combination.  They measure and mix so vigorously. 

But, in a nutshell, the easy bake oven is quite a tedious toy.  It takes 10 minutes to "preheat".  (I use the term preheat lightly - the oven cooks with a light bulb)  Considering it takes 8 minutes to cook and an additional 8 minutes to cool (and only cooks one teeny-tiny pan at a time), it takes us a full hour to complete two small desserts for the girls. 

But, the girls like it, so we indulged in a little Easy Bake activity earlier this week.

Prepping the mix

Licking every last bit from the bowl.

Man - this frosting is good!
Enjoying the final product!

Doesn't quite look like the picture on the box...I can't imagine why!






1 comment: