Monday, November 15, 2010

Growing Up

Oh how Shea is growing up. 

For the past year Madison has been begging for a sleepover (this was a conversation we had multiple times per week).  I kept putting it off by telling her that I would think about it and maybe one day she could have one/attend one.   Well, it happened.

Apparently Madison's friend had already told her that she was inviting her, but Madison didn't say anything to me.  One evening, I got an e-mail from the mom and I immediately felt anxious.  I wasn't ready for this.......... When did my girl get big enough to attend a non-family sleepover?

We purchased the birthday gift, packed her sleeping bag, overnight bag and she was ready.  Dewayne dropped her off along with the "emergency contact" sheet I made.  (I wish I could have been the one to do the drop off, but perhaps I would have made too big of a scene - maybe it worked better this way). 

When I picked her up Sunday morning, she was all smiles.  She had a wonderful time and is now "hooked" on sleepovers.

Thank you Julie and Isabella for making Madison's first sleepover a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment