Monday, August 16, 2010

Fun at the Lake

When I was growing up, some of my fondest memories were of weekends at the lake. We were happy with an ice chest full of drinks, summer sausage and Mars Bars (the perfect thing about loading an ice chest full of Mars Bars was that they were half frozen by the time we acutally ate them). We would leave early in the morning and spend the entire Saturday at the lake. Sometimes one of us girls would fall asleep in the boat and we would have the "carpet" imprint on one cheek. I remember being jealous of Alex (older sister) when she was old enough to ride in the boat without her life jacket on. And, being the middle child, I remember when I became old enough to do the same, leaving Amanda the only one required to wear her life jacket.

I don't know how my parents did it with three girls, because after one day at the lake with Madison and Charlotte, I was beat (not really sure how tired Dewayne was).

Back on topic - Richard (Dewayne's dad) bought a boat and we went to the lake August 7. In a nutshell, we all had a blast. We were pretty sure Madison would have fun, because she is somewhat "lake experienced". She was the tubing queen. Hopefully next summer we can get her started on the kiddo skis.


We didn't know what to expect with Charlotte, as sometimes she is our daredevil and sometimes she chickens out. She loved it. She wanted in the water every time we stopped and she even tubed on back of mom and dad. She didn't do well holding onto our backs, so we didn't go to fast, but I think she now shares her sisters fondness of the lake.

A fun time was had by all and I think Richard enjoyed the lake outing as much as we did. Thanks Richard!


No comments:

Post a Comment