Wednesday, August 4, 2010

VEGAS and the Aftermath.......

So, after Madison's party my mom took the girls back to Giddings with them for the week while Dewayne and I went to Vegas. We met up with my older sister and her husband and some of their friends. After arriving in Vegas, we took a "not to stressful" taxi to Vdara to check in. I must say Dewayne did very well on the hotel selection, as you can say my standards are a bit high (due to my parents!).

After check in I headed to the MGM spa for an aromatherapy massage, which was wonderful! At the spa, you can use all the amenities (whirlpool, sauna, steam room, etc...) for the day, so before the massage appointment, we (Alex, Sharon and I) were going to head to the sauna, only to find a "not-so-shy" lady laid out along the bench. Not my style, so we abandoned the idea and decided to try again later. Note - after the massage the sauna was unoccupied by totally bare ladies, so Alex and I enjoyed the heat (not that it was different that the outside temp - 112 degrees when we arrived). Overall, Vegas was fun. Food was good, luck not-so-much, but then again who goes to Vegas thinking they are going to win.

On to the Aftermath........

The last day we were there, Dewayne noticed a slight rash on his arms. We called the doctor and made an appointment for the day we returned (Wednesday). We figured out it was poison ivy (apparently it can take up to 2-3 weeks for it to show up after exposure). We also determined exposure occured a few days before Madison's party while doing backyard work for the party. Anyway - Dewayne got a cortisone shot and I thought I was in the clear (no signs of it on me yet.....I stress yet.....).

Thursday I was scheduled to meet mom in Waco to pick up the girls. I got a phone call Thursday morning that Bug was sick. She was vomiting and had a fever. We kept the planned "switch" and Bug puked in mom's car on the way to Waco (NEW car - YIKES). We eventually made it home and I called the pediatrician. The advice was to keep her hydrated and if she gets super uncomfortable to go to Acute care or the ER. Well, Thursday afternoon around 5pm, Bug's fever was at 105. I have never felt her so hot, so off we went to the Children's Hospital ER in Plano. They were able to get her temp down and get her to rehydrate (with popscicles and liquid). We made it home Thursday night and things seemed to be improving.

I stayed home with the girls on Friday with still no signs of poison ivy. However, Saturday morning I noticed a few bumps on my arms and even more on Sunday. I visited the Minute Clinic Sunday afternoon to get my meds. Long story short - it got progressively worse all last week and weekend. I saw a dermatologist yesterday and I have lots of good medicine now. Hopefully this will do the trick!



No comments:

Post a Comment